The Hartford Life Insurance Company is a well-known insurance company with a long history. Additionally, the minimal number of complaints reflects the company’s credibility and consumer happiness. On the other hand, The Hartford’s term life insurance plans provide more optional benefits than those given by other insurance firms. A The Hartford Life Insurance Review may assist you in making a choice.
Employees who require supplemental life insurance are out of luck in the absence of an employer-sponsored plan. Additionally, The Hartford is not a realistic solution for consumers looking to grow their assets or invest in long-term life insurance coverage.
- Pros and Cons
- What affects my rate with The Hartford
- How to get a quote from The Hartford life insurance
- Types of life insurance coverage does The Hartford offer
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- The Hartford life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons
- A collection of connected products and services
- A subject matter specialist with a breadth of experience
- These insurance are portable and may be carried with you wherever you go.
- Only a small proportion of customers express dissatisfaction.
- There are no generalizations to be made here.
- The only alternative is term life insurance.
What affects my rate with The Hartford
Monthly premiums for term life insurance range from $50 to $150, depending on the type of coverage selected. In comparison, your premiums will be determined by a variety of factors, including the following:
- How old are you in precise terms?
- This covers your height, weight, and blood pressure in terms of physical health.
- Tobacco and alcohol use are two examples of dangerous behaviors.
- A balanced life of work and recreation
- How many words are included in a sentence
How to get a quote from The Hartford life insurance
Life insurance cannot be purchased directly from The Hartford; it must be obtained via your employer. As a general rule, the method will look something like this:
- Your employer should be able to inform you about your company’s insurance policy, including the extent of coverage and anticipated costs.
- Consider the advantages and, if you have any questions, contact the benefits manager at your workplace. If everything else fails, please call 800-523-2233 for policy-related issues.
- It is entirely up to you whether or not to take advantage of any further benefits.
- Your selected method of payment will be prompted (if available), and you will be sent to the payment page. You will miss the deadline if you do not submit your paperwork on time.
- Invest early in life insurance.
Types of life insurance coverage does The Hartford offer
The Hartford specializes in group term life insurance plans with a death benefit of $250,000. This policy covers life insurance for a specified length of time, for example, twenty years. To be insured under an employer-sponsored policy, employees must purchase this insurance via their workplace.
What riders can I add to my policy?
Hartford offers a variety of perks and riders to businesses, including crucial coverage for dependents.
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a terminal disease, the death benefit may be handed out more rapidly.
In the case of an accident, additional life insurance coverage is available.
- Additional compensation may be available to an employee’s family if they or their loved ones are injured or killed in a work-related accident.
- A rider that is under the age of 18. This rider entitles you reimbursement up to $15,000 if a kid mentioned on the insurance policy dies.
- A rider to aid in the switchover. Within a specified time period, you can change your term life insurance to a permanent policy.
- Riders for portability and mobility. Even if you move jobs, you may preserve your group benefits coverage.
- A rider’s spouse. Employees who have this rider may get up to 100% of their spouse’s death benefit.
- Passenger agrees to a reduced fare. Due to a disability, an employee’s premiums may be waived while they continue to be covered.
Along with these riders, The Hartford’s policies include the following additional benefits:
- Funeral planning and concierge. Hartford residents have choices for pre-foreclosure planning. This section also handles funeral arrangements for a dead insured.
- Counseling that is advantageous to you. Along with emotional assistance, counselors at the organization handle any legal or financial concerns that may develop as a result of the loss.
- Writing a will is a challenging process. ComPsych Corporation, based in Hartford, Connecticut, offers an online will-writing service. If necessary, legal aid can be accessed over the internet.
- Travel assistance and identity theft protection are offered. If you become disoriented en route to your location, travel aid or medical assistance can provide pre-trip information. A travel must be at least 100 miles from home and not exceed 90 days in duration to qualify for medical assistance.
The Hartford life insurance reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, Hartford Life and Annuity Insurance Company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The Better Business Bureau has not accredited this business. 115 issues were resolved in the last year. Hartford’s insurance policies are the most often complained about, followed by billing concerns.
Hartford Life had a score of 0.32 out of 1.00 on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners‘ 2019 complaint index, which puts the complaints into context. A score of 1.00 implies that Hartford is much less dissatisfied with its customers than the national average.
Hartford Life’s strength and stability are demonstrated by an A (Excellent) financial rating from AM Best in 2019.
Check out State Farm Life Insurance Review to see their products and services.