Your questions and concerns about Securian Financial Life Insurance may be addressed in our Securian Financial Life Insurance Review.
The policies of Securian Financial Life Insurance are consistent with expectations, and you may view your account information online. Even if your life insurance policy does not include an online application, your beneficiaries can still get the death benefit. The organization, which has been in operation for more than 140 years, possesses a wealth of expertise and knowledge. Securian’s BBB and JD Power business ratings, on the other hand, lag behind those of its competitors.
- Securian Financial life insurance rates
- What affects my rate with Securian Financial
- How do I get a quote for Securian Financial life insurance?
- What types of life insurance coverage does Securian Financial offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Reviews and complaints about Securian Financial life insurance
- About Securian
Securian Financial life insurance rates
The amount of Securian insurance you require and the type of coverage it contains will determine the cost of insuring your house or company. Monthly premiums for term life insurance often vary between $50 and $150, and those for whole life insurance typically range between $250 and $1,000.
What affects my rate with Securian Financial
Life insurance rates are influenced by the following factors:
- Health in general
- The use of tobacco and alcohol
- Work and pastimes
- Policy type and entrants
- Amount of protection
How do I get a quote for Securian Financial life insurance?
Purchase life insurance online, over the phone, or with the assistance of a financial professional.
To join, please follow the steps below:
- On the Securian main page, navigate to Products & Services and click on the insurance product you’re interested in knowing more about.
- Alternatively, call 877-491-5271 to speak with a representative.
- The following personal information is required: your name, age, country of residence, and preferred means of communication.
- You may submit any queries at the bottom of the form by using the Send button.
- To learn more about your options, contact an insurance professional.
- After you’ve completed all of the papers and made the final payment, it’s time to begin your insurance coverage.
What types of life insurance coverage does Securian Financial offer?
Securian Financial offers a range of insurance products to meet a diverse range of needs and lifestyles. Only a few instances are included in the following list:
- Term life. These limits must be in existence for a period of between ten and thirty years. When the period of a Securian term policy expires, it can be changed to permanent life insurance.
- Term life as a member of a group. Businesses may provide group term plans to their employees as a perk or cost-sharing arrangement.
- Your entire life. Long-term life insurance policies come in a variety of forms, including those that include investment growth in addition to protection. This ensures that your assets grow at a consistent rate each year.
- Universal. Investing in a long-term life insurance policy yields a greater rate of return and enables you to adjust your coverage as your needs change over time. There are three types of universal policies available: fixed, indexing, and variable.
What riders can I add to my policy?
When you acquire Securian insurance, you have a range of add-on options.
- Accelerated death benefit. A portion of the death benefit on your insurance may be used to cover the costs of long-term or terminal diseases. The ultimate distribution of your estate will be decreased by the money you spend today.
- A rider that is under the age of 18. Without the need for additional insurance, this plan pays a death benefit in the event of your child’s death.
- Insurance for the term of your life. If you become incapacitated and are unable to care for yourself, some insurance policies will cover your care at home or at a nursing facility.
- A rider family in unison. Without the need for a separate policy, this insurance coverage gives a death benefit in the event of your spouse’s death.
- Passenger agrees to a reduced fare. Premiums are waived if you are incapacitated, ill, or sustain a catastrophic injury.
Numerous businesses, despite the fact that Securian does not list them on its website, have access to the following rider options:
- Spouse. Certain plans let you add your spouse as an additional insured for a cost.
- Dependent. Certain insurance plans may provide coverage for dependents under your care, such as children, disabled individuals, or elderly parents.
- Premiums are waived. Many employers provide this rider if you are unable to work due to a handicap. Until then, you will not be required to pay a premium for your insurance.
Reviews and complaints about Securian Financial life insurance
As of October 2020, the Better Business Bureau has assigned Securian Financial a B+ rating. Minnesota Life, a Securian affiliate, was recently rebranded as Securian. Securian has received over 29 complaints about their billing and customer service, earning the firm a D- rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Similarly, Securian received a poor ranking in the J.D. Power 2020 US Life Insurance Study.
According to the NAIC’s 2019 complaint index, Securian has a 1.13 rating. This firm appears to receive less complaints than the industry average.
Minnesota Life acquired the Securian Financial brand in 2018 from its parent firm. It is in the best interests of both firms to align their branding and communications.
Instead of Minnesota Life, Securian Financial will send letters to former Minnesota Life clients. However, the fundamental structure and values of your business will stay untouched.
To compare other insurance providers, check out SBLI Life Insurance Review.