Prudential, according to the company’s website, accepts all types of term and universal life insurance policies. Choose from a range of plans and add-ons to customize your insurance to meet the unique needs of your family. Here’s our Prudential Life Insurance Review for you.
However, because Prudential does not carry whole life insurance, you will need to find another carrier. When you acquire a quotation, approval may take up to eight weeks.
- Factors that affect your rate with Prudential
- How to get a quote from Prudential life insurance
- Prudential offers term and universal life insurance
- Prudential offers a long list of add-ons
- Prudential life insurance reviews and complaints
Factors that affect your rate with Prudential
Prudential’s three most competitive rate classes are Preferred Plus, Preferred Plus, and Preferred Best. The following criteria are used to establish the lowest rates, as is customary in the industry:
- Blood pressure. If you are 49 years or younger, your blood pressure should be 130/80; if you are 50 years or older, it should be 135/85.
- Cholesterol. A healthy individual has less than 300 mg of cholesterol and an HDL to LDL ratio of less than 5.
- Motivated by an individual’s reputation. Any time you are convicted of a DWI or careless driving, you must serve a five-year sentence. Suspension of a driver’s license or the commission of more than one traffic infraction or accident during the preceding three years are also prohibited.
- This is a family saga. You should be cautious if you have a family history of early mortality from heart disease, stroke, or cancer.
- Tobacco. To be eligible, you must have abstained from smoking or using nicotine for the preceding five years.
How to get a quote from Prudential life insurance
Prudential life insurance may be reached by phone at 800-778-4357, or you can request a free, no-obligation online quote:
- Click on the Buy Life Insurance Online and Get an Instant Quote button on the Prudential life insurance website.
- Complete a few personal information fields, including your name, address, gender, and birth date.
- The pricing will be communicated to you. You may either edit the quotation or proceed with the application after examining it.
- To learn more about the application process, click More Info. It takes less than ten minutes to submit your application through an agent, and you will be instructed on how to do so
- Even if you do not have a physical test, you may still be eligible for the program; you will be notified in any case. Your insurance coverage will begin immediately upon receipt of payment by Prudential.
Prudential offers term and universal life insurance
Prudential’s term and universal life insurance plans include a variety of features and benefits.
Term life insurance
Prudential’s term life insurance policies are available for terms ranging from ten to thirty years, with the option to convert to a permanent policy.
- Annual renewable term. Within five years of purchase, this insurance can be changed to permanent coverage.
- The most widely used expression. Individuals aged 18 to 50 can enroll in this plan, which provides basic coverage up to $500,000.
Universal life insurance
When a policyholder’s financial status changes, they can adjust their premiums, payment dates, and death benefits under these long-term insurance plans.
- Standard universal. Rates and payment schedules for this universal insurance plan can be changed, but investment alternatives stay the same.
- Perseverance is a global concept. If the second insured person dies, a guaranteed death benefit is paid.
- Global in scope, the index. Premiums and payment dates are customizable, and the increasing cash value is linked to the S&P 500 index, making this an attractive investment.
- Variables are employed in every circumstance. Customizing the area allows for the fulfillment of customer needs. Additionally, investors have a plethora of possibilities.
Prudential offers a long list of add-ons
As a consequence, Prudential offers a variety of products to meet your and your family’s needs:
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you are diagnosed with a serious or fatal disease, you may be eligible to receive some of your death benefits.
- Accidental death insurance rider. If your condition is found to be fatal, a portion or all of your death benefit may be accessible.
- Riders who are under the age of 18 are not permitted. Additionally, you may minimize the cost of term life insurance policies by converting to permanent life insurance policies for your children.
- Rider to cover living expenses. The cost of living will be considered while calculating your benefits.
- A horse-drawn estate guardrail is provided. If both insureds die within four years of acquiring the policy, the death benefit increases to 100%. This benefit is available with survivor plans.
- Rider provides for guaranteed insurability. It is possible to obtain insurance without passing a medical check following certain life events or ages.
- Without reservation, a long-term rider. Your benefit amount will remain constant during the length of the insurance.
- Long-term care rider. When you are diagnosed with a chronic illness, the insurance company begins taking from your death benefit.
- Rider with dual-policy option. A life insurance policy can be converted from survivorship to individual life insurance following a divorce.
- Compensation for riders paid for by taxpayers. According to Prudential, if you become disabled before the age of 60, you will not be required to pay premiums for the remainder of your life.
Prudential life insurance reviews and complaints
AM Best assigns Prudential a superior financial grade in recognition of its strong financial position and capacity to pay claims. Customers have voiced their dissatisfaction with the company’s customer service and communication on TrustPilot.
Check out our review of Protective Life Insurance Review for another insurance review.