Protective Life Insurance offers some of the most economical plans available in the country, as well as a high acceptance rate for those with medical conditions. Here’s our Protective Life Insurance Review for you.
Additionally, it is one of the few companies that provide term life insurance with set rates for 40 years or longer. Ex-smokers face extra limitations and a waiting period of up to six weeks.
To obtain insurance that does not need an instant medical examination, you must go elsewhere. Protective is an excellent option for those seeking cheap rates or long-term financing.
- Protective life insurance rates
- Factors that affect your rate with Protective
- How to get a quote from Protective life insurance
- What happens next?
- Protective offers term and permanent life
- Protective life insurance add-ons
- Protective life insurance reviews are mixed
- How Protective compares to other insurers
Protective life insurance rates
Protective life 2021 prices were used to estimate the average cost of a $500,000, 20-year term life insurance policy for a healthy man and woman. There is considerable competition in the market for plans of this size and duration, with rates that are lower than average until age 65.
- Age 20. Male $19.07, Female $16.18
- Age 25. Male $19.08, Female $16.20
- Age 30. Male $19.75, Female $16.57
- Age 35. Male $22.31, Female $18.89
- Age 40. Male $32.19, Female $26.91
- Age 45. Male $50.52, Female $40.01
- Age 50. Male $77.38, Female $60.26
- Age 55. Male $126.93, Female $93.05
- Age 60. Male $230.38, Female $159.40
- Age 65. Male $481.10, Female $371.13
Factors that affect your rate with Protective
Protective’s best rates are available exclusively to customers who fulfill stringent underwriting criteria:
- Blood pressure. Between the ages of 60 and 70, the optimal blood pressure range is 135/85 to 140/85.
- Cholesterol. If your good-to-bad cholesterol ratio is more than 275, you may qualify for the Protective program’s discounted price.
- Motivated by an individual’s reputation. Individuals with recent DWI, DUI, or suspension convictions, as well as those with more than two driving offences in the preceding three years, are not eligible for preferential rates.
- The tale of our forefathers and mothers. Those who die before the age of 60 without a family history of cancer, heart disease, or cardiac disorders are eligible for favorable rates.
- Use or misuse of tobacco or alcohol. Protective allows six celebration cigars, but the best prices are reserved for individuals who have not smoked in five years and do not have a history of substance misuse. Authorized for protection. Between the ages of 60 and 70, the optimal blood pressure range is 135/85 to 140/85.
How to get a quote from Protective life insurance
A term life insurance policy does not provide telephone help, which is unusual for this sort of insurance.
- Visit our website to learn more about Protective Life’s products and services.
- Simply click Term Life Insurance once you’ve hovered over it on the top ribbon. A quote for term life insurance may be acquired by clicking the “Get A Quote” button.
- Your state of residence, date of birth; gender; the amount of coverage; the plan; your height, weight, and health condition; and if you currently smoke. To obtain a price estimate, click on Get a quotation today.
- Simply click the Apply Now button next to the choice that best meets your requirements and you’re done!
- To obtain an estimate for comprehensive, permanent, or universal coverage, contact Protective at 844-733-5433.
What happens next?
Protective may continue to underwrite your application for up to six weeks after it has been submitted. It is uncommon for an insurance company to approve a claim after more than four weeks.
After your application is accepted, insurance coverage will begin and you will be able to create an online account.
Protective offers term and permanent life
Permanent life insurance policies are only offered via Protective and cannot be purchased elsewhere. Packages similar to this one are available:
- Term life insurance. Coverage periods range from $100,000 to $5 million, depending on the choice selected. Premiums are fixed, and the insurance can be elevated to permanent status without undergoing a medical examination.
- Variable-premium life insurance. Along with providing lifetime protection, this policy provides financial value via prudent investment choices. Once you have accumulated sufficient cash value in your insurance, you can adjust your premiums and borrow against it.
- Everybody, everywhere, needs life insurance. Universal life insurance is available via Protective in three different forms: custom choice universal life, variable universal life, and indexed universal life. Investments and coverage alternatives are two significant distinctions. Each of these plans has a monetary value, premiums may be altered, and there are death benefits.
Protective life insurance add-ons
You may further personalize your insurance by include the following options:
- Accelerated death benefits riders. In the event of a chronic, severe, or terminal ailment, an early payment is available.
- Accidental death insurance rider. If you die as a result of an accident, you will earn an additional death benefit.
- Riders who are under the age of 18 are not permitted. No additional coverage is required to insure children under this policy.
- Rider for supplemental disability income. The monthly benefit you receive from your insurance policy is calculated as a percentage of the policy’s value if you become totally handicapped and unable to work.
- A rider that secures your insurance coverage. You may raise your life insurance coverage without having to answer any medical questions.
- It is possible to add a rider to your homeowners insurance policy that covers dental and eye treatment. When you buy additional term life insurance to your existing policy, you will receive additional coverage for a certain length of time.
- Riders agree to pay a lower charge than what is quoted. You will be invoiced for your premiums.
Protective life insurance reviews are mixed
Although this business is not BBB certified, it has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), indicating that its customers are happy. Protective responded swiftly to customer complaints about billing and communication difficulties.
How Protective compares to other insurers
Protective Life’s 40-year term life insurance policy is a world first, and no other universal or variable life insurance policy is comparable.
If your health improves within a year after enrolling in coverage, the business may be entitled to adjust your price. Many businesses are less understanding than the federal government when it comes to employee health difficulties.
Additionally, according to our estimations, a healthy 30-year-old guy would pay $19 per month for a $500,000, 20-year term insurance policy with Protective. A $250,000, 20-year term insurance policy for the same person costs, on average, $17 per month. Nonetheless, you should anticipate a three- to four-week delay for insurance approval.
For another insurance review, visit our review of Progressive Life Insurance Review.