Policygenius does not sell or supply insurance products directly, as the firm is an insurance broker. It is possible to obtain an idea of what a typical charge could be by looking at the insurers with whom they operate. To discover more, let’s take a look at Policygenius Life Insurance Reviews.
- Pros and Cons of Policygenius Life Insurance
- What affects my rate with Policygenius life insurance?
- How to get a quote from Policygenius life insurance
- Which life insurance companies does Policygenius work with?
- What types of life insurance coverage does Policygenius offer?
- What riders can I add to my Policygenius life insurance policy?
- Policygenius life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons of Policygenius Life Insurance
- By completing a simple form, you may compare a broad variety of insurance products in less than two minutes.
- You may use a calculator to determine the amount of life insurance coverage that you require.
- Customer service specialists will assist you with the application procedure.
- You are not required to submit any personal information to obtain a quote.
- Not all service providers offer online quotations.
- There is no explanation for the method by which the suggested businesses were chosen.
- Apart from term and whole life insurance, it is unclear what other forms of insurance the quotes cover.
What affects my rate with Policygenius life insurance?
Insurance underwriting rules and criteria are impacted by a range of circumstances, including health problems, DUIs, and recreational activities. Your premium will be determined by an insurance broker, such as Policygenius, depending on your “risk profile” and the insurer allocated to you.
- Personal medical history. If you have a major medical condition, such as diabetes, heart disease, or cancer, your insurance premiums will increase.
- There is a history of health problems in the family. Nothing you can do can improve your family members’ health. Perhaps you might choose a business that places less importance on it. Investigators may continue to scrutinize your other medical and lifestyle records.
- The only thing that matters is that you are generally happy and healthy. If you are overweight or have high cholesterol, these medical issues may have an effect on your insurance prices. A lower risk profile may be attainable if your challenges can be addressed by medication, counseling, or another type of treatment.
- Tobacco and alcoholic beverages are forbidden. As a consequence, both the frequency with which it is used and the date on which it was last used are considered. Even if you just smoke a few times a year, your insurance premiums may increase dramatically.
- Driving and criminal offense convictions. Your risk is determined by the number of convictions you have and the duration since your previous one.
How to get a quote from Policygenius life insurance
The following are the steps to follow:
- Locate Policygenius and choose “Life”.
- Following that, it will request personal information such as your gender, birth date, and location (zip code or country of residence), as well as your marital status. Following that, simply click Next.
- Following that, you will be questioned about your general health. After responding to the questions, click on Get My Quotes. If you replied yes to any of the questions about treatment or medicine, the next page will request more information. If you click Next, that screen will display.
- Your progress will be saved once you’ve answered all of the health-related questions and submitted your email address. Following that, you’ll have the opportunity to evaluate and adjust your quotation.
- Simply click the Next button to begin. Select an insurance company if you are satisfied with the coverage alternatives. Once at that point, you have a plethora of possibilities. If you want assistance, a live chat option is available on the website.
- The application procedure is initiated by selecting a provider and a policy from the drop-down menus. Following that, Policygenius will assist you with the paperwork.
- After you’ve filed your application and been approved, it’s time to create an online account with the provider in order to maximize your insurance benefits.
- You may check your insurance status online to guarantee payments are being made on time.
Which life insurance companies does Policygenius work with?
Numerous life insurance carriers in the United States work with Policygenius:
- Legal & General (formerly Banner Life)
- Guardian Life
- John Hancock
- Lincoln Financial
- Mass Mutual
- Mutual of Omaha
- Pacific Life
What types of life insurance coverage does Policygenius offer?
Policygenius does not sell or offer insurance products. The insurers with whom it partners offer a diverse range of coverage options, including the following:
- Term life. Insurance coverage typically covers a period of between ten and thirty years. Your prices may increase once your coverage expires, depending on the insurance carrier. If you outlive the policy’s term, you will not be compensated.
- Premium term life insurance is making a comeback. If you live over the policy’s expiration date, you will get a refund of your payments.
- For the rest of my days. Permanent coverage, while more expensive than a short-term policy, is worthwhile if payments are made on time. Convertible insurance is sometimes more valuable than non-convertible policies.
- Existence in all places and times. You may change your premium amount at any time throughout the policy’s duration. Reduce your premiums by reducing your expenditure and borrowing against your cash worth.
- The length of time that something exists is arbitrary. With this long-term approach, subaccount investments and dividends are feasible.
- The length of time that the universe will last is variable. You can adjust your rates at any time with universal life insurance and variable life sub-accounts.
- Life expectancy has been extended by a factor of two. These insurance do not need a medical checkup and may be purchased in as little as a few weeks.
What riders can I add to my Policygenius life insurance policy?
There is a cost for adding rider options to your insurance. Insurance companies may charge an additional fee for these options, depending on the firm with which they are affiliated. The cyclists listed below may be of interest:
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you have been diagnosed with a terminal disease and have been given fewer than 12 months to live (or even less in some countries), you may be eligible for a portion or all of your benefits.
- Accidental death benefit rider. If your death was caused by an accident, you will receive further compensation.
- Riders who are under the age of 18. This rider allows you to purchase a limited amount of coverage for adopted stepchildren or biological children.
- The rider is compensated with life-threatening sickness. When a major sickness, such as a stroke, strikes, it pays a lump sum.
- A rider that secures your insurance coverage. In certain circumstances, supplemental insurance can be acquired without a medical exam.
- Rider for long-term care. If you have been diagnosed with a chronic illness, you may be able to utilize your death benefit to cover medical expenditures.
- The premium rider is returning. Any premiums paid will be refunded if you continue to live after the policy’s expiration date.
- Spouse of the Rider. In the case of your spouse’s death, death benefits are available.
- Long-term care insurance rider. Extend the duration of your permanent policy’s coverage for a certain period of time.
- Rider renounces his or her claim to a higher fare. If you become disabled or need to relocate to an assisted-living facility, you may not be required to pay your premium.
Policygenius life insurance reviews and complaints
The BBB has rated the company’s business procedures and customer service as A+. The broker receives a 4.68 out of 5 rating from customers, which is rather excellent for an insurance-related business. Only seven complaints have been filed with the BBB in the last three years, indicating a high level of consumer satisfaction. Consumers on TrustPilot gave Policygenius’s customer service a 4.7 out of 5 star rating based on over 2,000 reviews.
For another insurance review, visit our review of Pacific Life Insurance Review.