By providing coverage to higher-risk populations, such as seniors and smokers, Northwestern Mutual life insurance makes more affordable to a wider range of people. You will most likely be required to have a medical examination and talk with an insurance agent in order to be eligible for coverage. It also offers flexible payment options.
A wide range of life insurance policies are available from Northwestern Mutual, including term, whole life, universal life, and variable life. Perpetual life insurance policies accrue capital value, with certain policyholders being eligible to receive dividends if and when the Northwestern Mutual board of directors decides to make a distribution to policyholders.
The company also offers options that combine the benefits of both term and permanent life insurance policies as a substitute.
Consider searching for and comparing other life insurance providers to Northwestern Mutual if there are any gaps in Northwestern Mutual’s coverage options, or if you want a more easy enrollment process.
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Rates
- How To Get A Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Quote?
- Types of life insurance coverage offered by Northwestern Mutual Life
- Which riders am I allowed to put in my policy and how do I do so?
- Northwestern Mutual life insurance reviews & customer support
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Rates
If you are in good health, Northwestern Mutual’s “preferred” class gives the company’s lowest rate on all policies, regardless of your age.
Although this service does not make it apparent how you can qualify for these cheaper charges, unlike its rivals, it does not highlight this distinction.
You should speak with Northwestern Mutual Advisor for further information on whether you are eligible for reduced pricing.
How To Get A Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Quote?
Northwestern Mutual does not provide online quotes or applications, but you may request to be matched with an agent.
- Visit Northwestern Mutual’s main life insurance page and choose Let’s Talk.
- After that, you’ll be required to provide some basic personal information to choose an agent. Alternatively, to find an agent, enter the agent’s name and location and click Search. Select an agent, then input your information and click “Get Matched.”
- In a few days, you’ll be contacted by a financial advisor to review your life insurance options.
Types of life insurance coverage offered by Northwestern Mutual Life
Despite the fact that Northwestern Mutual has been paying out whole life insurance payouts since 1872, the firm’s payments are not guaranteed. According to the company’s projections, dividends will amount to $5.6 billion in the coming year. Additional benefits include the ability to reinvest your insurance profits, which helps to expedite the buildup of financial value.
- Term life. In general, term life insurance plans from Northwestern Mutual provide protection for a specific period of time, such as 10 or twenty years, or until a specific age. It is possible to convert certain term life insurance policies into permanent life insurance policies during specific conversion periods. Acceptance is guaranteed, and there are no medical screenings or underwriting requirements to complete the application.
- Whole life. A whole life insurance policy from Northwestern Mutual consists of a fixed premium, a guaranteed death benefit, and living benefits, all of which are guaranteed. Throughout your professional life, you may be able to use the cash value in your policy to help pay for a down payment on a home, augment your retirement income, or provide assistance to elderly relatives.
- Universal life. On the other hand, a universal life insurance policy combines the cash value accumulation of a whole life policy with the flexibility of variable premiums and payment schedules. You have complete control over the amount and frequency of your premium payments, as long as the cash value in your policy reserves is adequate to cover them. An alternative is to pay a one-time flat sum to cover the cost of insurance coverage.
Which riders am I allowed to put in my policy and how do I do so?
Northwestern Mutual presents an unfathomable selection of online riders to customers. Instead, you’ll need to contact an agent and develop a customized plan for you. Based on your life insurance coverage, you may find these available riders:
- Child rider. In this way, you may augment your existing life insurance coverage by purchasing term life insurance for your children.
- Disability income benefit rider. If you become fully incapacitated, this benefit provides additional income.
- Waiver-of-premium rider. Following an injury or sickness that results in physical harm or economic loss, you will no longer be required to make insurance payments, according to the conditions of this clause.
Northwestern Mutual life insurance reviews & customer support
The BBB grades Northwestern Mutual an A+ because of openness, expertise, and complaints.
Northwestern Mutual receives an A+ from A.M. Best, which indicates that it will be able to pay claims. BBB clients complain about forceful sales practices and short customer service hours.
In the event that you are considering Northwestern Mutual, conduct your research beforehand so that you know what type of insurance is suited for your needs. If you don’t, you run the danger of putting your financial needs in the hands of a commission-based agent.
For more life insurance reviews, check out our Bestow Life Insurance Review