Premiums are decided by a number of criteria, including your age and health status, the duration of coverage, and the quantity of coverage purchased. Navy Mutual, like other insurance providers, will not increase your rate based on your occupation. For additional information, here’s a Navy Mutual Life Insurance Review.
- What affects my rate with Navy Mutual?
- How to get a quote from Navy Mutual life insurance
- Navy Mutual offers a variety of life insurance products.
- What is the Guaranteed Convertibility Feature?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Reviews and complaints
What affects my rate with Navy Mutual?
It considers the following elements while making underwriting decisions:
- Tobacco use. To qualify for the best rate, you must demonstrate that you have not smoked in the past five years.
- Age. Applicants who are young, healthy, and in good health may qualify for reduced fees.
- Gender. Women pay less for insurance than men do because they live longer.
As a driver, you have a reputation. If your driving record is spotless and devoid of significant traffic violations and DUIs, you have a better chance of receiving a discounted rate.
- Criminal activity throughout history. Acquiring health insurance may be more difficult for persons with a criminal record.
- Engage in dangerous activities. Navy Mutual considers all constraints on military service, aviation, and travel. Your insurance rates may be higher if you engage in high-risk hobbies such as deep diving or racing automobile driving.
- Alcohol and drugs are inextricably linked. Navy Mutual will not insure you if you have a recent history of substance addiction.
How to get a quote from Navy Mutual life insurance
To begin, click the Go To Site icon to the right and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Kindly provide us with a contact method.
- Options for coverage include who you’re covering, when you were born, and whether or not you smoke.
- Plan ahead for your life insurance needs, including the type of coverage, the amount, and the duration.
- Following that, click the Submit button to complete your entry.
Contact Navy Mutual at 800-628-6011 to discuss your choices with a customer service representative.
Navy Mutual offers a variety of life insurance products.
As a policyholder, you have the option of purchasing term or whole life insurance. These are your available selections.
- Flex Term. Navy Mutual’s plans are all priced the same regardless of the amount of coverage selected. If you smoke, Flex Term covers you until the age of 50, or until the age of 40 if you do not. Purchases of whole life insurance can be made up to two years ahead of the expiration of your term.
- Convertibility Guaranteed. If your current insurance policy is set to expire, you may either purchase a new one or let it lapse. Whether you’re retiring or quitting, this insurance coverage will continue to apply. The death benefit amount for a loved one can range from $50,000 to $1,000,000, with the option of an expedited death benefit or a kid rider.
With the support of Term Plus, you’ll be able to accomplish more in less time. Because this policy is so clear, it does not require a medical checkup. For people who want coverage immediately, such as military personnel due to deploy, a ten-year policy with a $250,000 death benefit and a set monthly price is available. To apply, you must be at least 18 years old. Due to the fact that this plan is not restricted to service personnel, you may continue to use it after you leave the military. Personalization is available only with the addition of an expedited death benefit rider.
- This is a plus version of Level II. This level of security Individuals between the ages of 45 and 85 can purchase term life insurance plans with set premiums. You must have insurance for the first five years; after that, you may purchase an extra year of coverage. Each year, the cost of coverage for $100,000 increases by $10,000 to $1 million. There are three different price categories based on your health status:
- Standard. For those with average health.
- Select. A 30-year or shorter payment plan is preferable, as is a healthier lifestyle than the norm.
- Super-Select. For individuals in excellent health, a 30-year or less payment plan is recommended. Eligibility requirements include a healthy family history, abstinence from smoking, and an absence of a high-risk lifestyle.
- Without requiring a medical exam. This policy can be updated to incorporate whole-life insurance riders. Your beneficiaries will get a death benefit if you die within the term.
- Flagship Whole Life. Navy Mutual’s only long-term coverage is available to individuals between the ages of 18 and 80. Coverage for the remainder of one’s life at a fixed fee. When a business is successful, it may pay dividends to policyholders, increasing the cash value of the insurance. Your policy’s cash value might be used as collateral for a loan to help you pay for expenses such as tuition or a down payment on a home.
The maximum amount that may be spent is 75%. $10,000 and $1 million, respectively, are the minimum and maximum coverage levels. You can select between an accumulating death benefit and a lump-sum death benefit with the paid-up additional rider. If you have children under the age of 26, you may acquire Flagship Whole Life insurance in their names. Your beneficiaries will get both a death benefit and a cash value benefit from your life insurance policy upon your demise (ies).
What is the Guaranteed Convertibility Feature?
Navy Mutual’s only long-term coverage is available to individuals between the ages of 18 and 80. Coverage for the remainder of one’s life at a fixed fee. When a business is successful, it may pay dividends to policyholders, increasing the cash value of the insurance. Your policy’s cash value might be used as collateral for a loan to help you pay for expenses such as tuition or a down payment on a home.
What riders can I add to my policy?
You may further personalize and strengthen your Navy Mutual insurance by adding the following riders:
- Accelerated death benefits riders. If you have a chronic or fatal sickness, you can choose for a lump sum death benefit rather than monthly payments. This benefit is provided only to those who have had health insurance for at least five years prior to diagnosis.
- Rider with a child. If you have a chronic or fatal sickness, you can choose for a lump sum death benefit rather than monthly payments. This benefit is provided only to those who have had health insurance for at least five years prior to diagnosis.
- The conversion process’s rider. You can convert your term life insurance policy to a whole life insurance policy before it expires as long as you are under the age of 70.
- Rider that assures you are covered in the event of an accident. In certain circumstances, supplemental insurance can be acquired without a medical exam.
Reviews and complaints
Navy Mutual, a non-accredited firm, has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau for its operations and consumer satisfaction (BBB). The insurance firm resolved all three complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau in the preceding three years.
While Navy Mutual does not have reviews on TrustPilot or Feefo, users have written positive comments on personal blogs and military-focused websites like Military.com. Numerous consumers express joy that their insurance firm tailors coverage for military personnel and eliminates policy exclusions for battle and travel. According to certain consumers, the advertised price may differ from the final pricing.
For another insurance review, visit our review of Lifefy Life Insurance Review.