When you purchase John Hancock life insurance, you may qualify for cash benefits in addition to health benefits. This company is offering incentives such as discounted Amazon rates, grocery shop loyalty programs, and even life insurance. For additional information, here’s a John Hancock Life Insurance Review.
John Hancock does not offer whole life insurance and there are a restricted number of qualifying riders. While there are a few difficulties with the Vitality rewards program and its payment options, customer feedback is generally favorable.
A wide range of insurance options, a high death benefit, and incentives for excellent health may be available depending on your comfort level with the customer reviews.
- John Hancock life insurance rates
- Factors that affect John Hancock life insurance rates
- How to get a quote from John Hancock life insurance
- John Hancock offers term and permanent life insurance
- John Hancock life insurance riders
- John Hancock life insurance reviews are mostly positive
John Hancock life insurance rates
John Hancock’s online quotation tool provided sample prices for a $500,000 insurance policy for a healthy man and woman with a 20-year term.
While John Hancock’s rates are higher than those of other big insurers, the company is distinguished by its flexible underwriting procedures for customers with dangerous hobbies or pre-existing health concerns.
- Age 20. Male $32.35, Female $27.00
- Age 25. Male $32.35, Female $27.00
- Age 30. Male $34.65, Female $30.75
- Age 35. Male $34.65, Female $33.65
- Age 40. Male $41.55, Female $35.40
- Age 45. Male $67.70, Female $58.45
- Age 50. Male $102.60, Female $97.95
- Age 55. Male $117.30, Female $97.95
- Age 60. Male $195.10, Female $158.50
Factors that affect John Hancock life insurance rates
John Hancock’s underwriting criteria are lenient. It allows people who are considered high-risk due to factors such as smoking or age. To qualify for the greatest savings, you must meet the following criteria:
- Tobacco, alcohol, and other drug abuse. Individuals who have not smoked, consumed alcohol, or used drugs in the preceding decade face the greatest rates.
- Health. If your HDL cholesterol level is less than 3.5 or your blood pressure is less than 140/85 for those aged 18 to 50, or 140/90 for those aged 51 to 70, you may do better on the exam.
- Lifestyle. Clients who join in John Hancock’s Vitality program, which promotes healthy lives, get discounts and advantages.
- Driving history. If you haven’t had any significant traffic violations or DUIs in the last three years, you may qualify for a reduced premium.
How to get a quote from John Hancock life insurance
Term life insurance applications are available online. If you want assistance with any other policies, please call us at 800-721-3774.
- Choose Insure > Term Life Insurance from the drop-down menu. For further information, visit the John Hancock website and click on Get a Quote.
- Indicate if you smoke and the amount of coverage you require in the spaces given. After inputting your email address and phone number, click the Get a Quote button.
- We will offer you a price estimate whenever possible. All that is necessary to begin the application process is to select the term of your policy and the amount of coverage you desire.
- As long as your application is for less than $250,000 in coverage, you will receive a fast answer. If you do not, your application may be delayed by up to three days.
John Hancock offers term and permanent life insurance
While John Hancock provides term and permanent insurance, it does not offer whole life insurance to all clients.
- Term. A 10- to 30-year term life insurance policy with a death value of $50,000 to $65 million can be obtained. Online applications for coverage of up to $3 million are accepted.
- Universal. A long-term care insurance policy’s features include an interest-bearing cash value, adjustable premiums, and the flexibility to change death benefits.
- Universally indexed. For instance, if the S&P 500 index increases over a specific threshold, the cash value increases proportionately. All universal insurance plans offer premiums and death benefits that may be customized.
- Universally variable. The most rewarding investment is in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, but it is also the most dangerous.
- Final cost. Individuals aged 55 to 80 are eligible for this sort of insurance and can expect to get coverage of between $2,000 and $20,000. No medical evaluation is required to apply for last costs such as funerals and burials.
John Hancock life insurance riders
Policyholders may add the following riders to their policies at the insurer’s discretion:
- Long-term care. The money you save on your life insurance policy might be used to cover the cost of long-term care. If you are unable to eat or clothe yourself, you must be unable to execute two other ADLs.
- Premium waiver. Your insurance premiums are waived if you become disabled and are unable to work for a period of at least six months.
- Death benefit accrues at a faster pace. If you have been given less than a year to live due to a terminal disease, you may be entitled to receive up to half of your death benefit.
- Conversion. If you choose this option, the conversion time will be extended to the whole term period.
John Hancock life insurance reviews are mostly positive
John Hancock has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for its operations and customer service. The BBB’s complaint total of 67 in the last three years indicates some unhappiness, but on a small scale for an insurance provider. One in every five consumers expresses unhappiness with their insurance company’s claim processing timelines, which are frequently identified as a primary source of discontent.
John Hancock has a TrustPilot rating of 4.3 from more than 70 consumers. However, a few consumers have voiced displeasure with the length of time it took to resolve their claims.
For another insurance review, visit our review of Health IQ Life Insurance Review.