Possibly, the characteristics of Freedom Life will raise the value of each policy. In addition to accidental death and dismemberment coverage, this firm offers a policy that covers additional medical expenses. The company’s term life insurance products may be beneficial to policyholders who require life insurance for a brief period of time. To see what the company has to offer, check out Freedom Life Insurance Review.
However, if you’re looking for normal insurance coverage, this firm will disappoint you. Its term life and short-term disability plans are less comprehensive and provide coverage for a shorter length of time than policies offered by other insurers. Due to Freedom Life’s low business and customer ratings, concerns may develop about its service and claim settlements.
- Freedom Life insurance rates
- What affects my rate with Freedom Life?
- How to get a quote from Freedom Life insurance
- What types of life insurance coverage does Freedom Life offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Freedom Life insurance reviews and complaints
Freedom Life insurance rates
Monthly premiums for LifeProtector’s term life insurance contracts range from $10 to $50, with $5 increments available.
What affects my rate with Freedom Life?
Numerous factors influence the cost of term life insurance, as well as other types of insurance:
- Your general health and body mass index tend to deteriorate as you age.
- Recreational activities that have the potential to develop into a fatal preoccupation at work.
- Additional benefits or characteristics
How to get a quote from Freedom Life insurance
You may apply for a Freedom Life policy over the phone or online. Your application may need the following procedures:
- Freedom Life Insurance of America’s customer care phone number is 800-387-9027.
- To contact someone, please utilize the online quotation form rather than contacting us directly.
- Personal information about an individual, such as his or her name, address, and medical history, is acceptable.
- Simply select the level of protection you desire to acquire a quotation.
- Accept the estimate only after thoroughly reviewing all of your insurance documentation.
- Conduct research and ask several questions on the various types of insurance.
- Finally, sign and submit all necessary paperwork to complete the transaction.
To begin your coverage, return the paperwork to Freedom Life.
What types of life insurance coverage does Freedom Life offer?
Freedom Life is a subsidiary of UnitedHealthcare’s USHEALTH Group. The insurer’s two subsidiaries provide the following insurance products:
- Term life. The Life Protector policy offers ten years of term life insurance, while the MedGuard plan offers five years of term life insurance. The selected policy amount is protected until the policy is renewed or the death benefit is paid, whichever comes first.
- Short-term disability. If you become temporarily handicapped, IncomeProtector coverage may assist you (three to twelve months). For people who are unable to work due to a covered disability, there is a 14- or 30-day elimination period and monthly payments ranging from $500 to $1,500.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D). If you die or lose a limb, sight, or hearing as a result of an accident covered by the Accident Protector plan, you will get compensation ranging from $2,500 to $15,000. Additional coverage includes medical deductibles, co-pays, and other uninsured charges, as well as a $4,000 emergency air ambulance benefit. However, it is unclear whether the restrictions apply to excess medical and accidental death and dismemberment coverage separately or as a combined maximum payout for both.
- Critical illness. MedGuard’s life insurance policy contains a critical illness component that pays the whole benefit amount or a portion of it if you survive certain life-threatening disorders such as cancer. Additionally, you’ll be covered if your spouse or child gets injured on the job.
What riders can I add to my policy?
Freedom Life makes merely a passing reference to MedGuard critical illness coverage. In comparison, the majority of insurance policies cover you and your family members, regardless of whether they are your spouse or children.
On the basis of current information, we may deduce:
- Spouse rider. The MedGuard Plan includes critical disease coverage for your spouse up to a predefined maximum, based on the level of coverage and premium you select for your spouse’s protection.
- Child rider. MedGuard covers your children for critical illness up to $15,000 or the insured amount of your spouse, whichever is less.
Freedom Life insurance reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has awarded Freedom Life Insurance Company of America a D+ rating. This bad rating is the consequence of customer complaints about deceptive sales material, denied claims, cancellations, and payment concerns.
Customers commonly express unhappiness with the protection they obtain because it falls short of the sales representative’s claims. Several additional consumers have expressed their dissatisfaction with the lengthy and time-consuming procedure of confirming and paying their claims. The most often expressed concern is over the company’s health insurance policy. USHEALTH Group reports that there is no indication of a trend in these issues. USHEALTH Group has a 3.4 out of 5 star rating from Trustpilot users. Except for BBB complaints, which evaluate the business as fair or bad in the middle, the majority of these consumers’ opinions are positive.
You may check out Foresters Financial Life Insurance Review, to see what other provider has to offer.