Here’s our Ethos Life Insurance Review for you. Ethos offers fee-free term life insurance products in an effort to make life insurance more cheap and accessible. The company’s innovative algorithms enable it to provide immediate pricing and coverage within minutes.
If, on the other hand, you want long-term insurance or have more sophisticated requirements, you must go elsewhere. Ethos’ agent assistance is not as broad as that of larger insurers. On the other hand, many of Ethos’ rivals do not provide riders at all.
- Pros and Cons of Ethos Life Insurance
- Ethos life insurance rates
- What affects my rate with Ethos life insurance?
- How to get a quote from Ethos life insurance
- What types of life insurance coverage does Ethos offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Ethos life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons of Ethos Life Insurance
- Terrorist-prevention measures
- Underwriting may be performed quickly.
- We make no fee.
- Riders can be rented for a price.
- Speedy assures you that you will not be upsold or cross-sold anything.
- A doctor’s appointment is ruled out.
- A sound financial base
- Customer service is lacking.
- Claims are settled by impersonal and impersonal methods.
- One does not exist in New York City.
- There is a dearth of educational information.
Ethos life insurance rates
We received example pricing for a $500,000, 20-year term insurance policy for a healthy man and couple in 2021 using Ethos’ online quoting tool. Until you apply for insurance, there is no way to determine how Ethos compares to the usual cost of a policy of this size and duration. The average cost is within Ethos’ stated constraints.
- Age 20. Male $23 – $37, Female $17 – $30
- Age 25. Male $23 – $37, Female $17 – $30
- Age 30. Male $23 – $41, Female $18 – $32
- Age 35. Male $30 – $56, Female $27 – $45
- Age 40. Male $47 – $74, Female $36 – $53
- Age 45. Male $68 – $111, Female $49 – $76
- Age 50. Male $103 – $190, Female $73 – $135
- Age 55. Male $177 – $317, Female $116 – $207
What affects my rate with Ethos life insurance?
The insurer considers the following factors while making underwriting decisions:
- Tobacco consumption. To advance to the program’s upper tiers, there will be a five-year smoking restriction.
- Age. You will pay less if you are younger and healthier.
- A driver’s license record. In most circumstances, you’ll get a better deal if you haven’t accrued any recent serious traffic tickets or DUIs.
- Health. The insurance provider considers your triglyceride levels, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), and family medical history when determining your rate.
- Occupation. Insurance companies charge loggers and firefighters a higher premium due to the dangers they experience on the job.
- A way of life that jeopardizes your health. Risk takers who engage in extreme activities such as skydiving or bungee jumping will face a higher insurance rate.
- Alcohol and drugs are inextricably linked. Having a history of alcohol or drug abuse precludes you from obtaining the greatest deal feasible.
How to get a quote from Ethos life insurance
You may apply for life insurance through Ethos, a fintech company.
- Begin by visiting Ethos’ main page and clicking on Check My Price.
- Before you can proceed, you must submit some personal information, including your gender, nicotine usage, health status, location, and birthday.
- Following that, you may obtain an estimate by clicking on Get a Quote.
- Following that, you’ll be offered with a range of moving estimations and options. If you’re ready to purchase insurance, choose Exact Coverage from the drop-down menu.
- Following that, you’ll be allowed to change the scope and duration of your insurance coverage as needed. Following that, you’ll want to click “Apply Now.”
- Applicants must provide further documentation on their health and lifestyle, as well as their financial situation. After submitting the application, you will be prompted for payment information in order to complete the insurance purchase.
What types of life insurance coverage does Ethos offer?
Ethos coverage is now offered in three distinct levels: basic, intermediate, and comprehensive.
- Term life insurance. This insurance is available to anybody between the ages of 18 and 75 and provides coverage for ten, fifteen, twenty, or thirty years, depending on your smoking status and age. You may pick between $25,000 and $10 million in coverage with the insurance company. However, coverage in excess of $1 million may require you to undergo medical tests.
- Simplified Term Life insurance. To the extent possible, the process of issuing term life insurance should be as simple as possible. Anyone between the ages of 20 and 70 can get this insurance without undergoing a medical check. You may acquire coverage ranging from $50,000 to $500,000, and you can renew it at the end of the term if you like.
- Whole life insurance with a guaranteed issue. Because Ethos’s only permanent insurance policy does not need a health questionnaire or medical examination, it is risk-free for consumers who choose to obtain the policy. Seniors 65 and above may get benefits ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 per year. For individuals interested in paying off their policy sooner rather than later, the insurer provides a range of payment options with a growing cash value component.
What riders can I add to my policy?
If your insurance permits it, you may be able to utilize these choices.
- Riders gain from a faster death. If you have been diagnosed with a terminal disease, you may be eligible for a portion of your death benefit.
- It is a cyclist in his twenties. You can save money by adding all of your eligible children to your existing policy.
- Those who bike benefit from a reduction in the risk of developing a serious illness. This payment will be made if you are diagnosed with a long-term illness, such as a stroke.
Ethos life insurance reviews and complaints
Although the BBB has not recognized it, consumer review site Trustpilot has given it a good rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Numerous buyers complained that the startup’s pricing structure and online application procedure took substantially longer than promised.
Assurity Insurance Company, a 125-year-old life insurance company, is Ethos’ partner in this and other enterprises. The Better Business Bureau has given it an A+ rating for operations and customer satisfaction since 1992. Assurity has an A- (Excellent) rating from AM Best and sufficient cash on hand to settle claims.
Visit our review of Erie Life Insurance Review for one more insurance review.