Ameritas, one of the country’s oldest and most reputable insurance companies, offers a variety of various forms of life insurance policies. Let’s see on this Ameritas Life Insurance review if what they have to offer.
The cost of your Ameritas life insurance policy is affected by your location, age, gender, overall health, the amount of coverage, and the policy type you pick.
Enter your birth date, state of residence, gender, and the quantity of coverage you require to obtain a free estimate from Ameritas.
- What affects my rate with Ameritas?
- How to get a quote from Ameritas life insurance
- What happens next?
- What types of life insurance coverage does Ameritas offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Ameritas life insurance reviews and complaints
- How does Ameritas protect my data?
- Compare life insurance companies
What affects my rate with Ameritas?
Ameritas prices are classified into four categories: Standard (the cheapest), Select (the next cheapest), Preferred (the most expensive), and Preferred Plus (the most expensive) (the greatest level of pricing).
If a tobacco user satisfies the qualifications for an extra rate tier, they will earn either a Standard or a Preferred rate. As a result, tobacco users pay more for Standard and Preferred insurance than non-smokers. Aspects of your health and well-being that may result in a reduction in your insurance rates include the following:
- Triglyceride levels are elevated
- Instability of the heart Body mass to height ratio
- Tobacco consumption
- Alcohol or other drug abuse
- Violations of traffic laws
- Convictions for prior felonies
- My family has a history of heart problems.
- Participating in high-risk activities, such as flight, to gain an edge
How to get a quote from Ameritas life insurance
- The Ameritas website’s Find a financial professional link will take you to a list of local specialists that can assist you.
- We’ll gather information such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, and zip code during the process.
- Decide on the type of insurance coverage you require. In the comment area, identify and resolve the recaptcha and provide any further information.
- When done, click Submit to email your entry to us.
What happens next?
After submitting your contact information on the Ameritas website, you will be allocated an insurance agent in your region. This treatment is typically completed in between one and two weeks.
You’ll be able to apply for life insurance following your match with an agent. You should receive coverage within a month after submitting your application, depending on the time required by the insurance company to process it.
What types of life insurance coverage does Ameritas offer?
Additionally, Ameritas provides term and universal life insurance.
- Term. As a consequence, Ameritas Value Plus Term for Families insurance gives a guaranteed death benefit and fixed premiums for the duration of the policy. At the completion of your term, you have the option of continuing indefinitely. The contract’s term might range from one to thirty years.
- Whole. Ameritas provides a variety of whole life insurance products, including Ameritas Growth Whole Life, Ameritas Value Plus Whole Life, Keystone Whole Life, and Keystone Foundation Whole Life. In other words, all of these participation plans allow policyholders to accrue cash value over the duration of the policy while simultaneously generating dividends and an interest rate of at least 4%.
- Universal. Ameritas offers a variety of universal life insurance products, including the Ameritas Value Plus Universal Life, the Excel Essential Universal Life, the Excel LifeValue Universal Life, and the Excel LifeValue Survivor Universal Life. Premiums can be adjusted while remaining covered at the $1 minimum cash surrender value level under these universal plans.
- Variables are used in all situations. Ameritas Excel Performance Variable If you have universal insurance, you can set away a part of your premiums to invest in a variety of different asset classes. You’ll have access to a range of investment management tools, and your premium payment plan may be customized to match your budget.
- Indexing is done on a global scale. Ameritas offers three index universal life insurance products: the Excel Index Universal Life Insurance, the Excel Plus Index Universal Life Insurance, and the Growth Index Universal Life Insurance. Each of the three plans is an index universal life insurance policy. Ameritas provides coverage for all three of these types of insurance. S&P 500 Index policies, for example, track a stock index and accumulate cash value in proportion to the index’s performance.
What riders can I add to my policy?
These optional coverages enable you to personalize your insurance to your individual needs. You may tailor your coverage and add an extra layer of security despite the fact that each rider has a cost.
- Accelerated death benefits riders. When people with terminal conditions die, they are entitled to a portion of their death benefit.
- Accidental death insurance rider. If you are killed in an accident, an extra death benefit will be provided.
- Riders automatically receive a benefit. Annually increasing your insurance coverage by 1% to 10% is a smart idea.
- Riders who are under the age of 18. These riders give an extra $25,000 in coverage for each child, with the ability to upgrade to permanent coverage if necessary.
- Conversion rider. Term life insurance policies have an expiration date and can be changed to permanent life insurance policies at that point.
- Critical illness benefits riders. This rider pays a lump amount in the case of a terminal illness, such as a stroke.
- Rider that assures you are covered in the event of an accident. In certain situations, you can obtain enhanced coverage without visiting a doctor.
- Long-term rider with a minimal chance of harm. The benefit amount will remain constant as long as this add-on is purchased.
- Rider for the purpose of obtaining the monetary value. Your beneficiaries will get an additional benefit equivalent to the premiums you paid for life insurance upon your death.
- Rider accompanied by a spouse. This add-on provides additional coverage for up to five family members or business partners and is equivalent to child health insurance in many respects.
- Long-term care insurance rider. Because term insurance may be extended throughout the whole insurance contract, it can lower your rates while increasing your death benefit.
- Riders are exempt from premium payments. If you become handicapped, your premiums will be refunded.
Ameritas life insurance reviews and complaints
The fact that this insurance company has had few complaints indicates that its consumers are satisfied with its service. Customers continue to complain about Ameritas’ claims processes and excessive transaction fees.
How does Ameritas protect my data?
Ameritas’ website states that no personal information about its customers is ever shared or promoted. Any Ameritas service provider must adhere to stringent privacy and security standards. No medical information will be shared with anybody other than underwriters.
Compare life insurance companies
Other possibilities can be evaluated by examining these additional service providers, check out Ameriprise Life Insurance Review.